Recipe by EmilieLearnstoCook
This is a really good soup/chowder that I created recently. It tastes a lot like twice baked mashed potatoes - except for it's a soup. Very flavorful. I use Bear Creek brand Creamy Potato Soup Mix. Enjoy.
- 1 (11 ounce) package potato soup mix
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 scallion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the soup mix according to the directions on the back of the bag. Let the soup cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion and garlic into the pot of soup, letting it simmer for another 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Cut a generous chunk of cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces) and drop it into the soup pot. Wait a couple minutes for the cheese to melt and then stir the soup.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and scallions.