Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to use left over mashed potatoes. I made this up just for that reason, but they sure are yummy. If you don't have leftover mashed potatoes, make your favorite mashed potatoes and refrigerate until cold. Make sure the mashed potatoes are seasoned already. The yield on this is an estimation.
- 6 cups mashed potatoes, cold
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- Whip all ingredients on high until slightly fluffy. They won't be really fluffy.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper and lightly grease with oil or cooking spray.
- Scoop potato mixture with an ice cream scoop and place about 1/2 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
I made these with leftover Thanksgiving potatoes but I had the same problem as Lakerdog - I found they were quite dry and we had to douse them with the leftover gravy. Worked okay to give my baby as finger food! Maybe next time, I'll try breading and frying them. Thanks for the idea! Made for PAC Fall 2012
This didn't go over well with my family. My 5 year old liked it the best. When I was preparing the mashed potatoes this morning to cool and use for the puffs tonight, I kept tasting them and I was thinking, oh, these are going to be so good! For me, they got dried out when they baked and much of the flavor was lost. My boyfriend asked me why I didn't just serve the mashed potatoes as is. I love the idea, but I think something gets lost when they are baked. I am going to use the leftovers for some type of breakfast tomorrow. I may just brown them in a frying pan with some seasoning and put an over-easy egg over one of them.
This recipe sounds so good, I cant wait to try it tonight. Thank you!