Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A twist on an old favorite. Twice baked potatoes with a south of the border twist.
Make and share this Twice Baked Potato Ole' recipe from Food.com.
- Slice potatoes length wise and place face down on a greased cookie sheet. place in preheated oven at 400 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until cooked.
- Remove potatoes from oven and scoop the insides of the potatoes into a large mixing bowl. It's not important to get every little bit. Leave a little on the skin of the potatoes.
- Place mostly empty skins on cookie sheet scooped side up. Place oven on broil and lightly toast inside of of potatoes, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile back at the mixing bowl, add sour cream, diced jalapeños, diced onion, cheddar cheese, and crushed corn chips. Mix well. Don't eat the filling! Hah, told yah, it's hot isn't it!
- Remove skins from oven and fill with filling from mixing bowl. Place stuffed skins back in the oven on broil until tops are slightly browned.
- Remove stuffed skins from oven, allow to cool a bit (remember how hot the filling was) and then serve.
- Recipe can be cut in half for two people or doubled for a larger group.
A really good lunch for me today. I reduced the jalepeno pepper by just a little bit so my whole family would eat it. Will make again and again!