Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Fabulous potato soup. I haven't found one that is better. It's easy to assemble in the morning, then cook all day.
- 8 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup Spanish onion, chopped
- 4 green onions
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchicken broth with garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 10 3⁄4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- snipped chives (optional)
- In a slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Keep the lid closed, or else the cooking time will take longer.
- Add the cream cheese; stir until blended.
- Garnish with bacon and chives.