Recipe by Kzim4
This originally came from Taste of Home magazine, but I've tweaked it just a bit for my family. Cooking time does not include baking time for potatoes; however, you can cook the potatoes in advance and refrigerate until needed.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, fully cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut baked potatoes into chunks (approximately 1-inch cubes) and put into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Beat together sour cream and cream cheese until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed.
- Spread evenly over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with additional cooked crumbled bacon and dried chives if desired.