Prep2 hrs 15 mins
Cook1 hr 45 mins
Made this for Christmas trying to base it on some twice baked potatoes I had. Went over very well. Prep time includes one hour for baking potatoes.
- Bake potatoes until knife inserted meets with no resistance.
- Roast garlic with olive oil until soft.
- Scoop potatoes out of skins into bowl. Add 1 stick butter, chicken broth and milk. Mash then use a hand mixer to beat smooth. Add garlic and about 1 cup of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and dot with butter.
- Bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
We really enjoy this recipe. The roasted garlic and gruyere were a delicious combo. I did add a little seasoning salt as well. This was a nice side to meatloaf tonight. I liked using baked potatoes vs boiled as I didn't have to spend time peeling the potatoes. Nice timesaver. Thanks for sharing. *Made for Spring PAC 2009*