2 hrs 20 mins
Lisa in Acworth, GA's Note:
Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. Absolutely easy and so delicious!!! Big hit at the dinner party we just had. Thanks Emeril!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 large russet baking potatoes (about 7 pounds total)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 lb sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 lb mild cheddar cheese, grated (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Scrub the potatoes well and rinse under cool running water. Pat dry with paper towels and prick the potatoes in several places with a fork. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside on a wire rack until cool enough to handle.
- 3When the potatoes have cooled, cut each potato in half and, using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop the flesh out of the skins, leaving as little flesh as possible. Place the potato flesh in a large bowl and add 1 stick of the butter, the sour cream, heavy cream, salt, and pepper and mash until chunky-smooth. Add the bacon, cubed white Cheddar, half of the grated Cheddar, the green onions, and eggs and mix thoroughly.
- 4Butter a 9 by 13-inch casserole with the remaining tablespoon of butter and reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- 5Place the seasoned potato mixture in the prepared casserole and top with the remaining grated Cheddar. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges and heated through and the cheese on top is melted and lightly golden. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Oven Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (440 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.1
- Calories from Fat 416
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.7 mg
- Sodium 969.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 23.8 g