Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is the easy way to give everybody a twice baked potato. Makes a nice casserole!
- 6 medium potatoes, baked
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 453.59 g bacon, cooked and drained
- 709.77 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut peeled potatoes in 1 inch cubes.
- Place half in greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half the salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Top with half the sour cream and cheeses.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered at 350* for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions.
What a delicious casserole! I believe the servings listed is a tad bit low though. We as a family of 4 had at least 2/3 of it left over. We are not complaining however..It is great the second day. I bet if you used light cheese and sour cream it would be just as tasteful. Thanks for the great recipe Inez.
I made this as a side dish to accompany a roast I made, but the roast wasn't touched. My husband and boys devoured this and left the roast in the crockpot, untouched. This will probably become a frequent flyer at my house.
WOW!!Love these potatoes! I was happy we had leftovers!! This is a "great" dish to take "anywhere"-- I was trying to think of where this casserole could be taken,and it is simply "anywhere".It will be on my table often. Thanks for sharing Inez:0)