Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great side to a beef dish if your tired of mashed or baked potatoes.
- 8 -12 mashed potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Spread potatoes in greased shallow casserole dish.
- Top with sour cream, cheese, bacon and onions.
- Casserole may be covered and refrigerated up to 24 hours, if desired.
- Bake uncovered in 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until hot.
Had this for supper tonight very good. Made it with instant potatoes. I didn't have any sour cream so I added extra butter. Mixed half the ingredients (except the bacon) right into the potatoes. I spooned this into individual oven prove cups then topped with the other half of ingredients (not the bacon just yet). I also sprinkled this with some parsley flakes and some paprika for color. Five minutes before it was done I sprinkled it with the bacon and some more butter. YUM!
this was excellent. didn't even add the bacon or onions and everyone loved it!
I made this for a few of my DPs single military friends. Being overseas they don't get home cooking very often so I like to feed them every now and again. They all LOVED this! with 4 of us eating the lot of it was finished up and I've been asked to make a double recipe for lunch at the shop soon! This really does take like twiced baked potatos just much easier!!