Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This hearty side dish tastes just like a twice baked potato, without all of the work
- 8 -9 medium unpeeled russet potatoes, baked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- To bake potatoes, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub potatoes and prick with fork. Place on baking sheet and bake 45 – 60 Minutes, until done.
- Cool completely and cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream, cheeses, bacon, green onion, salt and pepper. Add potatoes.
- Spoon in to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted.
We loved this dish! I made it with turkey bacon and a Mexican blend of 4 cheeses. I actually had to make it over the course of two days, so the baking happened & then the cooling was in the fridge, overnight. But the next day I cut them up & continued with the recipe and it made an excellent side dish. Thanks for sharing, Savvy Hostess! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0