There's something about a piping hot casserole that resonates warmth and comfort. Try a creative design when you sprinkle on the toppings. Cooking time does not include baking potatoes.
- 8 medium baking potatoes, baked (about 4 pounds)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 ounces)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash pulp with a potato masher. Stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese and next 8 ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 13-x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake a 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, bacon, green onions, and chives.