Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
There's something about a piping hot casserole that resonates warmth and comfort. Try a creative design when you sprinkle on the toppings. Cooking time does not include baking potatoes.
Top Review by Andrea in NH
This is the type of dish that you pray for leftovers, BUT, there isn't any!!! Wonderful tasting and looking dish. The flavors blend great and very easy to make. This is a great make ahead casserole that you can pop into the oven 30 mins before serving.
- 8 medium baking potatoes, baked (about 4 pounds)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (8 ounces)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash pulp with a potato masher. Stir in 1 cup Cheddar cheese and next 8 ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 13-x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake a 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese, bacon, green onions, and chives.