Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This was originally a weight watchers recipe, which i thought was pretty good. I modified it however to make it better (but a little less weight friendly). This is definitely a guy pleaser, so if like me you have meat and potatoes men that you need to feed, this is a relatively easy go to side.
- 4 medium potatoes (russets are the easiest for handling, but I prefer the taste of red potatoes or yukon gold. With a l)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (reduced fat is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (reduced fat is fine)
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I prefer Duke's, and reduced fat is fine)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped chives or 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil and bake at 400 for 45 minutes to an hour (until cooked through).
- Reduce heat to 375.
- Meanwhile cut potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Scoop inside of potatoes into a large bowl, making sure to leave about 1/4 an inch of potato on the skins.
- In bowl combine remaining ingredients and mash potato mixture to desired smoothness (i prefer mine a little lumpy). If mixture is too dry, add more yogurt or a little milk until you achieve desired creaminess. Also, feel free to vary the herbs and spices to your own personal taste.
- Scoop potato mixture back into skin shells. Place potato halves on baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until top starts to turn golden.
An old time favorite that I forgot about until I saw this. I used light sour cream instead of the yogurt and mayo. I also used a mexican cheese blend (because that's what I had on hand). A great addition to my recipe file!