Recipe by MissMiabell
I searched for a recipe for this idea, but nothing came up so I just used ingredients I knew my family would enjoy. Not only did it turn out absolutely amazing, but has been added to the list of "favorite dinners". A fairly easy recipe with a little something for everyone to enjoy.
- 4 russet potatoes
- 5 slices bacon
- 6 cheddar bratwursts (Or substitute for your favorite Brat or sausage or hot dogs.)
- 10 -12 medium mushrooms
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly scrub russet potatoes before wrapping them in tinfoil with 1 tbsp of butter. Put into oven and cook for 2 hours, or until slightly firm on the outside, soft on the inside. Poke with a fork to determine.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan until semi-crispy.
- Cook brats in a frying pan with a 1/2 cup water. Cook until all water evaporates.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Cut the mushrooms in half and cook in the melted butter until browned.
- Place the bacon, brats, and mushrooms in fridge to cool for later.
- Remove potatoes from pan once finished, cut in half. Scoop the insides out, leaving enough potato on the skin to hold it's shape. Place the insides in a bowl.
- Cut the bacon, brats, and mushrooms up into desirable sized pieces and add to the potato insides.
- Add 1/2 c milk, 4 tbsp butter, 3/4 of the container of sour cream and half of the package of cheese. Mix with mixer until desired consistency is reached. (Mix longer if you want a smoother texture.).
- Put the mixture back into the skins of the potatoes and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Place back into the oven and cook for another 20-30 minutes, until cheese is golden brown.
- Top with a little sour cream and serve.