1/3 Photos of Twice Baked Outdoor BBQ Baby Potatoes
French Tart's Note:
This is how we cook our leftover baby spuds, when we have any leftovers that is! Therefore, I often find myself cooking up a pan of these potatoes, in order for them to be grilled or baked on the BBQ! Quantities given are assuming that there will be other accompaniments - please feel free to increase or decrease the amounts listed. Split them open once baked/grilled and spread with butter and a good twist of sea salt plus some ground black pepper - no other embellishments are needed for these delicious potatoes! When the potatoes are VERY baby in size, I cook these in an old cast iron pan which is used just for the BBQ - they still come out smoky and delectable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you need to par-boil these potatoes first, place them in a large pan of boiling water and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes. Do NOT peel them, but scrub them if necessary and cut any protruding eyes out.
- 2Drain them well and place them straight on to the BBQ grill/shelf, moving them around all the time with heatproof tongs.
- 3Or, if they are too small and might fall through the grill, put them in an old frying pan, skillet or cast iron container with a knob of butter, and cook them over the direct heat, again moving them around so they don't over colour in one area.
- 4I have also placed these potatoes in a double wrapping of tin foil, with a knob of butter and cooked them in the embers of a BBQ - turning them around regularly for about 30 to 45 minutes. (You can also do them this way when you have a wood fire burning in your home during the winter months.).
- 5Bake them for about 20 to 30 minutes until the skins are well coloured and slightly crispy, and then serve them piping hot with butter and sea salt and black pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Outdoor BBQ Baby Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g