Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe was a runner-up in a TOH contest (submitted by a reader in Illinois). These potatoes could be served as an appetizer or with a main course. You can substitue low fat ingredients when possible.
Top Review by Nyteglori
I chose not to include bacon since I was serving these with Spam. Wonderful little appetizers. Would be great with bacon too. Our daughter thought it had too much garlic but everyone else thought it was great as is.
- 680.38 g potatoes, small, red (new)
- 29.58-44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 78.07 ml green onion, minced
- 4.92 ml basil, dried
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 226.79 g bacon, cooked and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce potatoes; rub skins with oil. Place in a baking pan and bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool to touch. In a mixing bowl, combine the Monterrey Jack cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, onions, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cut potatoes in half; carefully scooping out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to the cheese mixture and mash; stir in bacon. Stuff the potato shells and broil for 7-8 minutes or until heated through.