1/10 Photos of Twice Baked Mini Potato Dauphinoise - Potato Gratin Muffins
French Tart's Note:
Exactly as the title says, these are cooked in a muffin or Yorkshire pudding tin! They are a brilliant way to use up leftover potatoes & are so good that it's worth baking or boiling up some potatoes specially!! I use these all the time in our Chambres d'Hotes - it's easy to work out the portions and they freeze beautifully. There is also NO burnt mess in your gratin dishes! That's not to say I never make traditional Gratin Dauphinoise, because I do - but these are a great standby, use up leftover potatoes and look very elegant when served!
My Private Note
Mini Gr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will need a deep 12 hole Muffin tin or 2 X 4 hole Yorkshire pudding tins.
- 2Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F or Gas Mark 6.
- 3Using 1 ounce of the butter, grease the muffin or Yorkshire pudding tins well. You can line the base with greaseproof baking paper for ease of removal if you wish.
- 4Arrange the potatoes in the tin/s holes in layers - seasoning every other layer or so with the crushed garlic, salt & pepper.
- 5Carry on until all the potatoes are used up.
- 6Stir the creme fraiche with a wooden spoon to thin it down a bit - and then place a spoon on top of each mini potato gratin.
- 7Sprinkle some grated cheese on top and then top each gratin with flecks of the remaining butter.
- 8Grate some nutmeg on top and bake in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes; it depends on which tin you are using - a muffin tin will take less time to bake than a Yorkshire Pudding tin as the holes are smaller!
- 9Serve with all types of daubes, casseroles, stews, roast dinners OR as a light lunch with crisp green salad & crusty French bread!
- 10To freeze:.
- 11Freeze in the tin after assembling them and when frozen, remove and place into zip-lock bags or plastic containers.(It is best to line the base with greasproof paper if you intend to freeze them - they are easier to remove from the tin!).
- 12Defrost and bake on a large greased and/or lined baking tray - temperature as before; or place into muffin/Yorkshire pudding tins to help keep their shape. I never need to do this - please see my photos,it's up to you!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Mini Potato Dauphinoise - Potato Gratin Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.5
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 148.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: