Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Twice baked potatoes with a mexican flavor. Great make ahead - just do final baking at dinner time.
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄3 cup crushed nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Pierce each potato several times and bake until tender for about 1 hour.
- Cut off top quarter of one long side of each potato.
- Scoop potato from skins into large bowl, leaving 1/4" thick shell.
- Mash potatoes with milk.
- Mix in cheese, chips, cilantro and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill shells with potato mixture, mounding in center.
- Return potatoes to oven and bake until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Top potatoes with salsa and sour cream and serve.
The recipie was simple, inexpensive and good. I will next time change the amount of cilantro. It was overpowering. My husband is latin and thought less could be used as well. Thank you though, it will be delicious without so much.