Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wasn't sure about this recipe when I found it in Southern Living Favorites, but I gave it a shot and was very pleasantly surprised. I normally wouldn't buy frozen mashed potatoes but I found them to be very good! This dish tastes just as good if you substitute reduced-fat products.
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir in cream cheese and next 5 ingredients; place in a 2-quart, lightly greased, baking dish.
- The recipe states to divide the mixture evenly between 6, 6-oz.
- lightly greased ramekins or custard cups- I preferred to make it in one big dish but you all can do as you like.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or till thoroughly heated.
This is very good! I had a lot of leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving, so I was looking for something! I added some dry Ranch dressing mix and no chives (didn't have any!) I did add extra cheese to the mixture. Baked in an oval baker. Just like the filling of twice baked!!! YUM! Thanks for posting.
Very nice! Has all the flavor of a twice-baked potato without the jacket. Instead of using frozen mashed potatoes, I opted to use an equal weight of home made mashed potatoes instead. I had accidentally mixed the cheese into the potatoes when mixing, but did sprinkle some extra cheese on top before baking. My daughter loved this. Thanks for posting!