Recipe by Dawn
This is DH's favorite way to eat potatoes. They make a great side dish or a meal in itself. The combination of green chili, ham and jalapeño cheese flavors is "muy bueno!"
Top Review by Bogey'sMom
My husband actually picked this recipe out one day when I left Zaar up on the puter and he was snooping. Made it for him last week and he just loved it. I doubled the recipe and put the extras in the freezer to send to work with him for lunches. Excellent recipe.
- 4 large baked potatoes (baked at 350 for 1 1/2 hours)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup of diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies (drained) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop out inside of potato, leaving a shell.
- Mix remaining ingredients together,except cheese.
- You may add green chilies if you like.
- If potato mixture is too thick, you may add milk.
- Fill shell with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.