Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is DH's favorite way to eat potatoes. They make a great side dish or a meal in itself. The combination of green chili, ham and jalapeño cheese flavors is "muy bueno!"
- 4 large baked potatoes (baked at 350 for 1 1/2 hours)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup of diced ham
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies (drained) (optional)
- Scoop out inside of potato, leaving a shell.
- Mix remaining ingredients together,except cheese.
- You may add green chilies if you like.
- If potato mixture is too thick, you may add milk.
- Fill shell with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
My husband actually picked this recipe out one day when I left Zaar up on the puter and he was snooping. Made it for him last week and he just loved it. I doubled the recipe and put the extras in the freezer to send to work with him for lunches. Excellent recipe.
Very good! We had them for lunch with our Easter ham leftovers. We've even split one with a large salad for dinner. Will definitely be requested at our house again!
Excellent recipe! My husband enjoyed this one .. I used chicken instead of ham, and the optional chili .. thanks