These potatoes are very tasty. The ranch dressing makes them unique and creamy. My mom sent me this recipe from her recipe box and my family loves them. It is our favorite side dish!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Microwave pierced potatoes for 12 minutes on high; let cool until manageable.
- Cut skin off of potato tops and scoop out pulp into a medium bowl, being sure to keep skins intact, and keep skins about 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter, and sauté shallot until slightly caramelized.
- Add the butter/ shallot mixture into potato pulp and mash potatoes very well.
- Add ranch, milk, garlic salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the basil; mix very well, adding more milk or ranch until your desired taste and consistancy.
- Re-Stuff the empty potato skins with the mashed potatoes and top off each potato with the parmesan cheese and the remaining basil.
- Carefully brush outer potato skins with vegetable oil.
- Place on greased, or non-stick baking sheet or pan.
- Bake in oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.