Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These potatoes are very tasty. The ranch dressing makes them unique and creamy. My mom sent me this recipe from her recipe box and my family loves them. It is our favorite side dish!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Microwave pierced potatoes for 12 minutes on high; let cool until manageable.
- Cut skin off of potato tops and scoop out pulp into a medium bowl, being sure to keep skins intact, and keep skins about 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter, and sauté shallot until slightly caramelized.
- Add the butter/ shallot mixture into potato pulp and mash potatoes very well.
- Add ranch, milk, garlic salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the basil; mix very well, adding more milk or ranch until your desired taste and consistancy.
- Re-Stuff the empty potato skins with the mashed potatoes and top off each potato with the parmesan cheese and the remaining basil.
- Carefully brush outer potato skins with vegetable oil.
- Place on greased, or non-stick baking sheet or pan.
- Bake in oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
Delicious recipe! I did add a few bacon bits and omitted the milk as I didn't think the potato mixture needed it. I also didn't have parmesan cheese so I sub with shredded cheddar cheese. Turned out great! Thanks for sharing the reicpe
Wow! Delicious & decadent!! I normally stay away from these types of recipes because I think it's going to be a lot of work to scoop out the pulp & re-fill the potatoes but it was really quite easy! I did make some minor changes, though: I used ranch with bacon dressing (yummy!!) & I left out the onion, as a personal preference. I didn't use any of the milk either because it seemed like the potato filling was "goopy" enough without it. I also only needed less than half of the called for amounts of parmesan and oil.
Yeah what a great recipe and so easy. I added extra ranch instead of milk and I cut the recipe in half. They were so yummy. Thanks for posting.