Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
French fries baked, then drizzled with butter and seasonings and baked again. Crispy outside and soft inside. Yum!
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into french fry strips.
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 0.25 ml cayenne pepper
- Spread potatoes on lightly greased jelly roll pan and bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle melted butter over (use more if needed to coat all of the potatoes).
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper, then add other seasonings as desired.
- Toss together to be sure all of potatoes are coated with butter and seasonings.
- Return to oven until potatoes are crisp and tender.
No one could believe these were baked. Needed to bake them for about 20 minutes after the original 15 minutes, but they turned out nice and crisp outside and tender inside.
The use of butter really make baked fries extraordinary. I usually make them with olive oil but definitely butter wins. I only seasoned with salt and pepper and don't feel I missed out on any flavor. I used red potatoes since they were on hand and cut them thin about .5 cm. I placed them on aluminum foil on top of a cooking sheet. They stuck to the foil a little so I might try next time as your recipe suggests.
Next time I'll not use as much butter....other than that the flavor was wonderful! Very easy side to make!