Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great holiday side dish and lighter than the traditional sweet potato casseroles.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean potatoes and pierce with fork.
- Place on oven rack, bake for 1 and 1/4 hours or until tender, and set aside to cool.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop pulp out with a spoon leaving 1/4 inch shell.
- Mash the potato pulp until smooth, stir in cranberry sauce, dried cranberries, butter and salt.
- Spoon mixture back into each shell dividing evenly.
- Place shells in baking pan and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes until thoroughly heated.
Wow!! I am a new believer in the sweet potato. I just had to try this recipe when I saw twice baked, plus cranberry. My skins ripped a little, but it wasn't too bad. I used the cranberry conserve I make every year, Recipe #195511. The apple and raisins in the sauce made this even better. I'm not sure how healthy it was after adding that, but it was sure good. I will be making these again next year. Made and Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Tag - Thanks! :)