Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 20 mins
A hearty and flavorful side.
Make and share this Twice-Baked Chipotle Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (8 ounce) russet potatoes, scrubbed and pricked with fork in several places
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped canned chipotle with some adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 bacon, slices cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees with rack in upper third. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let stand about 20 minutes, until cool enough to handle. Increase oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Cut a piece off tops of potatoes. With teaspoon, scoop pulp from tops and inside potatoes into medium bowl, leaving about a 1/4-inch potato shell. Mash potato in bowl with sour cream, cheddar, chipotle, scallions, oregano, bacon, salt and pepper. Fill shells with potato mixture, mounding it.
- Place filled potatoes in baking dish with sides. Return to oven and bake until stuffing is hot and browned in places, about 20 minutes.