1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These twice-baked potatoes are to die for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large russet potatoes
- 680.38 g green cabbage, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 236.59 ml full-fat milk (or use half and half cream)
- 709.77 ml sliced cooked corned beef, coarsely chopped (can use more)
- 177.44 ml melted butter, divided
- salt and black pepper
- 473.18 ml grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1Set oven to 375°F.
- 2Prick the potatoes with a fork on both sides, then set on a baking sheet.
- 3Bake for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are fork-tender (it might take longer depending on the size of the potatoes).
- 4While the potatoes are baking, cook the cabbage in a saucepan with boiling salted water until tender (about 7-8 minutes) drain well in a colander.
- 5When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off the top, then scoop out the flesh from the tops and place in a bowl (discard the top skin).
- 6Carefully scoop out the flesh from the potatoes (careful not to scoop all the way down to the flesh, leave about 1/4-inch from skin).
- 7Mash the flesh with a potato masher, then season with salt and pepper.
- 8Add in milk, well drained cabbage, corned beef and 1/2 cup butter, season again with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 9Spoon/mound the mixture into the potato shells.
- 10Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup melted butter.
- 11Increase the oven temperature to 425°F.
- 12Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 13Remove and sprinkle with grated cheese, then return to the oven to bake until the cheese has melted (about 5-6 minutes).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Cabbage and Corned Beef Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (4281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.2
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked corned beef