Recipe by riffraff
This is a great side dish. I have added pecans and everyone loved it. Hope you do too.
Top Review by Derf
Love butter cup squash, this is very tasty, the filling was great, tasty and crunchy too. I had no pecans so I used walnuts, very nice!! I will be making this again, thanks for posting.
- 3 small buttercup squash
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar or 6 tablespoons sugar, in the raw
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and fibers and discard.
- Place squash in an ungreased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 375°F.
- Scoop out flesh of squash, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shell and set shells aside for now.
- Place flesh of squash in a medium bowl.
- Add sour cream, salt, nutmeg and nuts if using, mix until smooth.
- Fill each shell with the squash mixture.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Place filled shells in baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.