1/1 Photo of Twice Baked Bourbon-Hazelnut Sweet Potatoes
2 hrs 20 mins
A favorite sweet potato recipe that is quick to put together (other than the roasting time). It's a GREAT Thanksgiving make-ahead. Plus it's nice to have some side dishes that are prepared for individual servings--they just look pretty that way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons veggie oil
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes (about 6 round, not skinny)
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche (or cream cheese)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts (or pecans, walnuts...)
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Oil the sweet potatoes and roast on rimmed baking sheet until very tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours. (You can nook them in the microwave to speed the roasting time!).
- 2Cool slightly. Cut each potato in half and place the flesh of the top halves in a bowl—it should just fall out of the skin.
- 3Gently scoop the flesh out of the bottom halves and add it to the bowl, leaving a little around the edges for stability.
- 4Mix in the crème fraiche, 4 Tbs. butter, syrup, bourbon, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoons nutmeg, 1 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Using a hand mixer (or immersion blender), puree until smooth.
- 6Scoop the potato puree back into the bottom halves.
- 7Mix the remaining 2 Tb. of butter and ¼ teaspoons nutmeg with the panko and chopped nuts. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the sweet potatoes.
- 9Bake another 15-20 minutes until warmed through and golden on top!
- 10* These can be made 2-3 days in advance. If coming out of the fridge, bake 30-40 minutes--until warmed through or cheat and rewarm in the microwave. *smile* I won't tell!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Bourbon-Hazelnut Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 247.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g