Recipe by mom2alex&jake
Twice Baked Bacon and Cheese Potatoes
Top Review by M&M's Mommy
YUM! A perfect recipe! I made these as a part of our informal Christmas lunch alongside a roasted chicken and (Recipe #152441 ). My family gave these potatoes rave reviews, and we had no leftovers. I will definitely be making them again in the near future!
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash salt
- paprika (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400 for 1 hour, or until a fork pierces easily.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise, start cooking bacon.
- Scoop out potatoes, leaving shell in tact.
- Let bacon cool, crumble and set aside Place potato pulp in large mixing bowl, add milk, and mash until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Incorperate all ingredients well.
- Using a medium scoop, fill each shell with 3 rounded scoops, bake 20- 30 minutes.
- Garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Left overs heat up well, and this recipe can also be frozen ahead of time.