Recipe by Lauren88
Not sure were my mom found this recipe but I know it would not be Thanksgiving dinner with out these served at our table and are my favorite thing on the table because she makes them once a year.. This is the only way ive ever had sweet potatoes besides baked and mashed with some butter and lots of brown sugar
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup peeled cored, small dice chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Prick sweet potatoes and bake til tender (35-45min).
- Cut in 1/2 lengthwise, scooping out the inside leaving a thin shell (set shells aside).
- In large mixing bowl place insides all but apples and all pecans.
- Beat at med speed scraping the bowl often until well mixed and no lumps.
- By hand stir in the apples and chopped pecans.
- Place shells on baking sheets and fill with mixture placing pecan halves on top.
- Bake for 10-15 min.