1 hr 10 mins
Not sure were my mom found this recipe but I know it would not be Thanksgiving dinner with out these served at our table and are my favorite thing on the table because she makes them once a year.. This is the only way ive ever had sweet potatoes besides baked and mashed with some butter and lots of brown sugar
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Prick sweet potatoes and bake til tender (35-45min).
- 3Cut in 1/2 lengthwise, scooping out the inside leaving a thin shell (set shells aside).
- 4In large mixing bowl place insides all but apples and all pecans.
- 5Beat at med speed scraping the bowl often until well mixed and no lumps.
- 6By hand stir in the apples and chopped pecans.
- 7Place shells on baking sheets and fill with mixture placing pecan halves on top.
- 8Bake for 10-15 min.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Twice Baked Apple & Pecan Filled Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 104.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g