Recipe by Wildflour
I made these for my fiance for Valentine's Day, and he requests them often! They are rich, but oohhh soooo gooood! A very impressive side dish for company as well!
Top Review by hodgemo2
My first attempt at these did not go so well. I practically shredded the skins while scooping, and since I didn't seem to microwave them enough (or mash them with the rest of the stuff well enough) when I baked them I had large, uncooked potato chunks. Ugh. My 2nd attempt went much better. I had two medium (almost large) potatoes that I microwaved for 7 minutes (together) and took my time with the scooping. I also made a point to mash the potato scoopings a little bit when mixing. My only two complaints: 1. With all the alfredo sauce and cheese added, I wound up throwing away about 1/3 of the mix, even with overfilling. Maybe it would work better with a larger shell (as in just a slice out of the top...so there is more space to overfill) 2. They were almost a little bit bland. More cheese, more pepper...I don't know. I will try again, though!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, crush between fingers to release stronger flavor
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- microwave potatoes til tender.
- slice in half lengthwise.
- scoop out insides leaving thin shell of potato.
- mix scooped out potato and rest of ingredients well til creamy.
- pile into potatoes.
- sprinkle with paprika.
- bake, covered, at 350*- 20 minutes.
- uncover, bake 10 minutes longer.
- serves 4.