Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a twist on the South Beach Diet staple "Fauxtatoes"
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon bacon bits
- salt and pepper
- Nuke cauliflower to death 4 minutes--stir 5 more minutes.
- Transfer cooked cauliflower to work bowl of food processor.
- Add half and half and margarine and pulse until you get a mashed potato consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a pie plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese, bacon, and chives.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes.
I left out the bacon and used green onion sinstead of chives but otherwise followed the directions and boy was it good!! I will be making this delicious creamy dish often.
Very easy dish to prepare. Instead of half & half and butter I just used no-fat sour cream. I only fixed a single portion so I did not bother with putting in the oven. Definately not potatoes, but a tasty way to fix cauliflower. I will make this again.
What a delicious alternative to mashed potatoes. I made this last night to go with steak and mushrooms I followed the directions to the letter and the results were creamy and very tasty. My DH actually said he was extremely impressed! Thanks Richard!