Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe, is absolutely amazing. Everyone raves about this!. it is the right amount of tart and sweet. Wether you are 5 or 55 , you will enjoy! Great thing to bring to a party, as a dessert or just make for the family as a special treat one night ! Although it looks a little complicated, it is one of the easiest recipes i have made, and people will think it took you hours! (the hardest part is slicing apples!)
- 8 -10 tart green apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2⁄3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 10 ounces caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and lightly grease 9X13 an 8X8 pan (I use pam).
- Peel and slice apples (in thin wedges about 1/4inch thick, as if you were making an apple pie).
- Place half the apples in a 13X9 and the other half in a 8X8 pan.
- Take your cup of sugar, and sprinkle over apples (half of cup over each pan).
- in medium bowl, mix the next 7 ingredients: brown sugar,flour,oats,butter,cinnamon,nutmeg,ginger, (to make a "crumb like topping").
- Sprinkle HALF the mixture over the apples in the 13X9 pan ONLY.
- top that mixture with 1/4-1/2 cup of the caramel (a little less then half the jar).
- place both pans in the oven for about 15-20 minutes
- remove Both pans, and place the apples from the 8X8 on top of the 9X13 (this makes the second layer).
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumb like mixture over that, and the rest of the caramel to top it off.
- Place back in the oven for 15-20 minutes (until apples are tender and it looks like its starting to get a little crisp on top).