Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds fast and good. From The Duchess of York and Weight Watchers International. The recipe also says that you can make this soup more of a hearty stew by adding small tubular pasta and winter vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped, cleaned
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil.
- Saute the tomato, onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans, zucchini and yellow squash; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and kidney beans; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkled with the cheese.
- Per serving: 254 CALORIES, 7 G TOTAL FAT, 2 G SATURATED FAT, 19 MG CHOLESTEROL, 1,176 MG SODIUM, 39 G TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE, 10 G DIETARY FIBER, 12 G PROTEIN, 127 MG CALCIUM.
- POINTS PER SERVING: 4.