Recipe by lazyme
This sounds fast and good. From The Duchess of York and Weight Watchers International. The recipe also says that you can make this soup more of a hearty stew by adding small tubular pasta and winter vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, coarsely chopped, cleaned
- 15 ounces canned red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven, heat the oil.
- Saute the tomato, onion and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, until the potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the green beans, zucchini and yellow squash; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and kidney beans; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Serve, sprinkled with the cheese.
- Per serving: 254 CALORIES, 7 G TOTAL FAT, 2 G SATURATED FAT, 19 MG CHOLESTEROL, 1,176 MG SODIUM, 39 G TOTAL CARBOHYDRATE, 10 G DIETARY FIBER, 12 G PROTEIN, 127 MG CALCIUM.
- POINTS PER SERVING: 4.