Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light 2005
Make and share this Twenty Minute Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) bagboil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canmexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers and spices, undrained
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup preshredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and turkey, and cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in chili powder and the next 8 ingredients (chili powder through tomato juice); bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Serve over rice, and sprinkle with cheese.