Recipe by L. Duch
I know this sounds like a lot of garlic, but the garlic flavor dissipates during long cooking. After it's finished cooking, you can squeeze the garlic onto bread or use in mashed potatoes. Found this in a crock pot cook booklet.
Top Review by Cindy in PA.
I made this in an electric roaster at 250 degree,cooking three hours. I decided to make it to late in the day to use the crockpot. I used skinless chicken breast and thighs.Moist tasty recipe.Loved the creamy garlic. Served chicken with red fried tomatoes and italian bread. Great recipe! Thanks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 1⁄2 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 medium bulb of garlic (about 20 cloves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, paprika, pepper and oil in a small bowl, to form a paste: spread evenly over each piece of chicken.
- In a 5-6 quart crock pot, place onion slices. Arrange chicken on top of onions. Separate garlic into cloves.**DO NOT PEEL** Place garlic cloves around and in between chicken pieces.
- Cover; cook on Low setting for 7-8 hours.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken, onion and garlic from crock pot; place on serving platter.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice or your favorite side dish.