Recipe by Lorac
A different and delightful make ahead dish. Layers of pink salmon, spinach, rotini pasta, pea pods and fresh mushrooms topped with a dressing made a hint of curry powder and dry mustard. Prep time does not include chilling.
Top Review by Kate in Katoomba
This was such a delicious salad and a hit as part of our Christmas lunch. I used snow peas instead of the pea pods and they worked well. Will definitely make this one again, thanks.
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 6 ounces rotini pasta, cooked,rinsed with cold water and drained
- 2 cups pea pods, ends removed and steamed
- 1 (6 ounce) canskinless boneless pink salmon, drained
- 1 medium red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄4 cups salad dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 quart clear straight sided bowl layer spinach, noodles, pea pods, salmon, red pepper and mushrooms.
- In small bowl combine mayonnaise, curry and mustard.
- Spread dressing over mushrooms smoothing to rim.
- Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Toss salad before serving.