Kids and adults alike love this 'salad!' Nice to slice & serve on a lettuce leaf (for presentation)- the colors can be varied to suit any holiday - greens & reds for Christmas, varying shades of red for Valentine's Day, etc.. ENJOY! This sounds like a lot of work, but it's really not. This is one I like to make when I'll be working around home all day, and can stop to do step after step. :)
- Add 1 cup boiling water to cherry jello.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Divide in half.
- To 1/2 the jello, slowly add 1/3 cup sour cream& stir until smooth.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan.
- Chill 25 minutes.
- Add 2 Tablespoons cold water to remaining jello& pour over first layer.
- Let set 15 minutes.
- Repeat process for each flavor, using flavors in given order for color effect.
- (You can use any combination of flavors/colors you wish to make the desired color combination.) When completely cooled& firm, slice into squares& serve.