Recipe by bulgarican
This is my own take and variation after trying a few of the different homemade jalapeno poppers. Everyone LOVES these, wants more, and wants the recipe!
- 30 large shrimp (cooked & defrosted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 jalapenos
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 30 slices bacon (thin is better)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or your fav will work)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Half and seed jalapenos.
- In bowl, mix cheeses, salt, and scallions.
- Scoop into each jalapeno half.
- Press a shrimp into middle of each.
- Wrap each with slice of bacon.
- Bake on broiler pan (lets excess fat drain off to get crisp all around) until bacon is desired crispness (I like mine well-done and crispy which take about 45 minutes).