1/1 Photo of Tweaked Gnocchi With Butternut Squash
Kiki Freebird's Note:
I made this delicious recipe just a slight bit healthier. It's warm and wintry and you won't even miss the extra fat & calories! Makes 2 HUGE servings with some leftovers, or 4 side-dish servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butternut squash, cut into bite-sized chunks (about 1/2 inch cubes. Be sure to peel and remove seeds and pulp before chopping.)
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 4 ounces fat free feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato (I use the dried kind, not stored in oil)
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- parmesan cheese
- cooking spray (or olive oil mister)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Place cubed squash in a glass baking dish.
- 3Spray with an olive oil mister or cooking spray and toss to coat.
- 4Stir in pepper, rosemary and sage.
- 5Put dish in oven and cook about 30 minutes, until squash is tender.
- 6Towards the end of the cook time for the squash, saute the mushrooms in a bit of cooking spray or mist with olive oil.
- 7Prepare gnocchi according to package directions, and drain.
- 8Remove squash from oven and stir in mushrooms, gnocchi and feta cheese. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 9Place dish back in over for about 10 minutes until cheese starts to melt slightly.
- 10Remove, stir, serve, enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tweaked Gnocchi With Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 154.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free feta cheese