Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This stew recipe uses flavorful spices and a variety of fresh vegetables. Feel free to use whatever seasonings and vegetables are on hand. 1.5 points per serving for Weight Watchers. I would consider this recipe core.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 3 cups assorted fresh vegetables, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups textured vegetable protein, dry granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until golden.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until the stew thickens, about 30 minutes.