Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another way to fix Textured Vegetable Protien.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 6 ounces textured vegetable protein, crumbles
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- onion salt, to taste
- garlic, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onions until soft.
- Add broth, crumbles and mushrooms.
- Season to taste.
- Add sour cream. Heat.
- Serve over rice.
This was an awesome, very easy and cheap meal! I didn't measure any of the ingredients, just guessed and it turned out great! I didn't have the mushrooms, and added a little bit of Morningstar crumbles to add a bit of flavor. I also threw it over pasta instead of rice. I will definately make it again!