Recipe by christine7
This is based on my family's traditional spaghetti meat sauce, but uses TVP (textured vegetable protein) instead of meat. The amount of TVP, though, is approximate. I usually just put a couple of handfuls, using the guideline that when it re-hydrates it swells to approximately twice its volume, so how much you put depends on how thick you want your sauce.
- 1 (156 ml) can tomato paste
- 1 (680 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup granulated textured vegetable protein
- herbs or spices, to taste
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all ingredients (except noodles) in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to minimum.
- Cover and simmer for at least 15 minutes (but as long as you want after that), stirring occasionally, or until TVP is soft.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions and serve sauce over noodles.