Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sausage crumbles made of TVP. Great for breakfast or on pizza. I just ate some mixed with grits and nutritional yeast. Yum!
- 29.58 ml soy sauce or 29.58 ml tamari
- 4.92 ml sage
- 0.59 ml liquid smoke
- 2.46 ml hing
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml fennel seed
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 236.59 ml textured vegetable protein
- 29.58-44.37 ml canola oil
- In a bowl mix together the first nine ingredients. Bring water to a boil and pour over mixture.
- Pour in the textured soy protein, mix with a fork, and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Taste to see if more seasonings need to be added.
- Put oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mixture, and fry until well browned. (you may need to add extra oil if the pan becomes too dry).