Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another way to use Textured Vegetable Protein. Cooking time doesn't include time to cook brown rice.
- 3 cups long grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 7⁄8 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine TVP, water and ketchup. Set aside.
- In a skillet saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add cooked rice, TVP, and mushrooms.
- Place all ingredients and seasoning in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minu.
Nicely seasoned. I used Better than Bouillon mixed in to the TVP instead of catsup, since I cannot have tomatoes. I increased the mushrooms and added some cooked broccoli that I had on hand. I'll make it again, for sure. It may make an appearance at Thanksgiving, since we eat vegetarian.