Recipe by Jenfrito
I just made this tonight, it was originally going to be TVP tacos but I was inspired by the few things I had left in my pantry. Ketchup just felt right. It was a big hit with my husband and four-year. I paired it with some steamed veggies.
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 3 -4 medium red potatoes (cut in small cubes)
- salt and pepper (I like a lot of both)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add veggie boullion cube.
- Pour water over textured Vegetable protein granules,mix well then let stand until moistened (approx.10 min.).
- Boil red potatoes until soft, then drain.
- Meanwhile, saute Onions, celery, and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent (6 min.).
- Add TVP, chili powder, cumin, soy sauce, and ketchup and cook over medium heat stirring often until TVP takes on a brown color.(about 10 minutes).
- Add frozen corn and peas and cook until warmed through.
- Add potatoes and warm through for a few more minutes.