Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I just made this tonight, it was originally going to be TVP tacos but I was inspired by the few things I had left in my pantry. Ketchup just felt right. It was a big hit with my husband and four-year. I paired it with some steamed veggies.
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein, granules
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 3 -4 medium red potatoes (cut in small cubes)
- salt and pepper (I like a lot of both)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add veggie boullion cube.
- Pour water over textured Vegetable protein granules,mix well then let stand until moistened (approx.10 min.).
- Boil red potatoes until soft, then drain.
- Meanwhile, saute Onions, celery, and garlic in oil until the onions are translucent (6 min.).
- Add TVP, chili powder, cumin, soy sauce, and ketchup and cook over medium heat stirring often until TVP takes on a brown color.(about 10 minutes).
- Add frozen corn and peas and cook until warmed through.
- Add potatoes and warm through for a few more minutes.
This is very good and will be my go to dish. Only this i will changed is adding a little of the spices to the potato's before adding them to the rest of the dish.
I love this recipe. I just started cooking with TVP and this is SO EASY. I made it for breakfast a couple of weeks ago. I skipped the ketchup and added spaghetti sauce instead. Then I topped it with salsa. This is now one of my "go-to" recipes.
Surprisingly tasty! I added lots of ketchup to my plate, and my BF added soy sauce and sesame seed oil. The recipe as is fed two of us very well. I'm not sure what it was supposed to taste like, but it was good. Super fast, cheap, and used things we already had on hand. Thanks for sharing your recipe Jenfrito