Best non-meat meatlessloaf
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups prepared vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups dry textured vegetable protein, granules
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds or 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 11.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 22.) In medium bowl, combine prepared broth, ketchup, tamari and TVP. Mix to combine and let stand 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- 33.) Add remaining ingredients, except topping. Mix well.
- 44.) Pack mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or a glass casserole. (Many people making this suggest just forming into a loaf on a baking sheet.) Bake 40-45 minutes.
- 55.) If using topping, spread on loaf during the last 10 minutes of baking.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for TVP Faux Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 842.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein