- 2 cups prepared vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups dry textured vegetable protein, granules
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds or 1⁄4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2.) In medium bowl, combine prepared broth, ketchup, tamari and TVP. Mix to combine and let stand 10 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- 3.) Add remaining ingredients, except topping. Mix well.
- 4.) Pack mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or a glass casserole. (Many people making this suggest just forming into a loaf on a baking sheet.) Bake 40-45 minutes.
- 5.) If using topping, spread on loaf during the last 10 minutes of baking.