Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on the Bob's Red Mill website, it looks tasty good!
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (Textured Vegetable Protein)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano, Mediterranean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the boiling water with the TVP®, ketchup, sea salt and herbs. Let stand for 10 minutes, then mix in the grated carrot, chopped celery, chopped green onion and parsley flakes. Blend together well with hands. Mix in the vital wheat gluten flour to make a firm mixture.
- Divide mixture into 6 equally shaped balls and flatten to form patties (about 4" wide).
- Heat vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet and fry patties for 8-10 minutes each side over medium low heat until browned.
- Serve with fresh sautéed mushrooms to make "mushroom burgers".